- Search for your new home
- First Time Buyers
- Information for Buyers
- Information for Sellers
- Commercial & Business Brokering
- Current Businesses & Commercial Listings
- Career Opportunities
First Time Buyers
First Time Buyers
Have you had enough of paying your landlord's mortgage instead of your own?
Good! We can help!
We LOVE to help first time buyers! The sheer joy we see when renters stop making payments to their landlord and move in to their own home is so much fun!
We know that the home buying process can seem scary - but we will walk with you, side by side, every step of the way.
Here's how the process works:
1. We connect you with a lender, or you can use one of your own choosing, who after a credit check issues a pre-approval letter with a maximum price.
2. We start our home search with you.
3. Once we find the right home, we submit an offer. To do that, we need a $500 deposit check made out to the seller's brokerage, a copy of your pre-approval letter and of course, the written offer that we'll write together.
4. If your offer is accepted, we schedule a home inspection. Typical cost is in the $400 neighborhood
5. If the home inspection is satisfactory, we complete the Purchase & Sale (P&S) Agreement.
6. The lender orders the home appraisal. Typical cost is about $500.00.
7. If the appraisal is satisfactory, the lender starts the the rest of their process.
8. Within a couple of weeks before closing, the lender issues "mortgage committment".
9. The day of closing, we do a final walkthrough to be sure that the home is being delivered "broom clean" and in good condition.
10. We go to the closing table and sign a stack of documents - and hand you the keys to your new home!
Typical time from pre-approval to closing is about 60 days, as long as we can find the right home quickly. But with us on your side we'll get it done!
So are you ready to take the next step? Are you ready to say "goodbye!" to your landlord?
The next step is easy. Call Clear Sailing Realty at 781-412-4151. We'll get started and get you into your new home faster than you thought possible!